Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Major tension

It REALLY bothers me when people are quick to judge others and "call them out" without being considerate of the circumstances. Especially when that person, although their portion is complete, was not willing to offer feedback when it was requested of them. You must move forward with the best that you can do at that moment, and know that you can add a small portion in at the last minute, especially when everything else is already taken care of. Have faith in your team members and be supportive. All else fails, we can work without the missing piece but I dont feel there is any reason to make someone feel bad that they were unable to summit it yet... we still have time, it is not Friday at 6pm just yet. And I know that I did a major portion of the work without being asked and without any input because it was not offered. Dont sweat the small stuff. Just Chillax! We'll be fine. Worse comes to worst, I'll throw a little of my own magic in... promise! We are all very committed women and I know we will shine in our presentation regardless of what happens. Dont forget to breathe! :)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

This is how i see it atm. My portion is contigent upon everyone elses input, withour everything else I cant get it done. I can do it myself (which would be no problem) but if the other pulls through (crossing fingers that she still will) there may be a descrepancy between what she says and whats on the pt. Granted the ppt is pretty much just an overview but it still needs to coinside with whats being said. I'll be totally honest here....im totally stressing about this. Granted, things could have been handle with a litttle more tact, but at the same time, we had a dead line to ourselves to have this done two weeks ago.

btw...this thing needs a spell check.

RLee said...

I totally agree with you and I'm sorry you cannot get your portion completed due to others procrastination. All I'm saying is that it is a small part and can be added tomorrow.. and like i said, need be, I'll write up the witness report and do it myself. And I'm hoping that she pulls through for us.

Brenda said...

Im hoping she does too!