Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ponder this....

These are just some random thoughts that have been going through my head lately and I thought I'd share. I hope it is not too hard to follow.

Why is it that others constantly insisted that the “right” path of life has to be the easiest one? (ie. Going to school, getting a good job, and THEN having children.. in my case anyway.. this can be applied to many) Yes, you may get to the desired destination the fastest and with minimal effort; but is that really what life is all about? So what if the alternate route is an uphill struggle, at least you are able to enjoy the “scenic” route along the way. I believe, in the long run, that it is far more fulfilling! Why is it struggle such a taboo? Aren’t we all taught that you have to work extremely hard to get the things we want most, and that it will not just be handed to us on a silver platter? Yes, I realize that certain choices could lessen the amount of effort necessary, but what if you’re missing out on the beauty of life that is all around you, is it really worth it in the end? I do not feel that it is appropriate of someone to judge the choices made by another, for them to claim that that person made a “wrong” decision because it will be “too difficult.” For that individual, the most difficult route just may be the most rewarding and enlightening. My advice is, follow your heart, you may take a few detours, but in the end you will end up right where you were meant to be.

“Shoot for the moon! If you miss, you will still land among the stars.”

1 comment:

Shannon said...

WOW! Oddly enough, that was what I've been needing to read in front of my face for, like a week! That's how I've always sort of lived my life, in the more "challenging" way, and while it has been difficult, I wouldn't have done it any other way! I wouldn't have had my son, found the career of my life, gone back to finish my BA, met the most wonderful boyfriend I've ever had...had I taken the "easy" route. It has been the scenic route and I'm very happy for it. It has not harmed me, only given me great view points and lessons learned. Great post and thanks for your words!!