Friday, May 4, 2007

Sigh of Relief

We just finished our final presentation, which was FANTASTIC! Thank you ladies for such an amazing performance. And also for dealing with my family emergency and being willing to work around it if need be.

The moments leading up to the presentation for me were beyond stressfull. First of all, my mother was supposed to be watching my daughter during it and was running late, not to mention that my daughter wasnt exactly a happy camper. Then for some odd reason, our gardener shows up and starts mowing and blowing and making all kinds of noise. Did I mention he usually comes on Saturday mornings and has NEVER come at any other time? Yea.

So, babies crying, gardener's being noise and the dogs are going nuts, and then enters my little sister, who is 5 months pregnant. She had just gotten home when I heard her yelling for help. I run in to help her and she is having contractions and her cervix was opening (I only know this because my daughter was 9 weeks premature and that is exactly what happened to me).

Its now T minus 10 minutes before I’m supposed to call in. My mother comes in and they all leave in a whirl wind to go to the hospital.

So throughout the entire presentation my heart is racing!!! I was trying to focus but I was obviously panicking. Especially because my sister doesn’t deal with things very well and stresses more than she should, and then my mom can add fuel to the fire so I felt I NEEDED to be there… and on top of that they had my kid. Talk about stressful.

After we wrapped up our phone call, I ran to get my keys. But I quickly realized that they were in my diaper bag, that was with my mother, who was already at the hospital. So, I was just meant to be a part of that phone conference I suppose because I had no way of leaving. Just goes to show that everything happens for a reason.

Well now I’m waiting to be picked up by my sister’s boyfriend. Just thought I’d share the irony of it all.

Oh and her contractions have slowed down, they are monitoring her and baby as of now.

Talk about a crash course in crisis control!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

you handled it sooooo well too!!!

Kristina Fudge said...

Wow! Talk about drama! I hope everything is well with your sister. Take care. Shout out to your future neice or nephew.