Monday, April 16, 2007

Emotional Intelligence


Snapshot Report
Self-report ComponentSubscale IQ score = 111

Subscale percentile = 79
111
According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.


I’m not extremely surprised with these results how ever I had hoped to score a bit higher. As it states, I am very comfortable in dealing with emotions, whether they’re my own or of another. I can see that I have improved a great deal over the past few years with being able to deal with hardships and controlling my moods. Before, I would have nervous breakdowns and could not contain myself what so ever, even if it was a small crisis. But, it just goes to show that there is always room for improvement. I’m not sure if I always allow myself to be vulnerable in order to create intimacy with someone else. It may take a great deal of effort on the other person’s part for me to let my guard down. But, overall, I think the results are accurate.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

We talked about a very personal issue as well as very stressful. You held it together extreemly well! I may not really know you, but the way your presented yourself was not overly emotional at all.

Anonymous said...

I'm finding the results to be fairly accurate too. I had a friend of mine take the test and she scored slightly below average. She felt it was accurate as well.