Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Speech

Well I finished my major portion of the final project last night, and I couldn’t be more relieved. I know that the majority of my group could not accomplish their portions without mine completed first. It's nice not to have that hanging over my head anymore :)

I am in group E where the conflict is between a white officer, who was shot, and a black officer who is being accused of a hate crime for "leaving" her partner. Our group concluded that she was actually just repositioning, but never the less we have to present the other side of the case. We are doing a role play in order to present and I am the white officer. I had to think of all the reasons why she would conclude that her partner left her intentionally due to discrimination.

Surprisingly enough, I was able to come up with numerous "past" issues between the two partners in order to substantiate her claims. I must admit, my husband helped me a great deal with these points. He is an MP for the Marine Corp. so I figured I might as well get appropriate guidance on the assignment. All in all I feel that I was able to write a good speech for the project. I just hope it was what my group was expecting because I know I could have gone in many different directions with this situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your groups plan for your final presentation? We have decided to go with just sending in the PowerPoint rather than try to present it live on iLinc. I think each way we choose to do the project creates a unique set of challenges. I'm interested in hearing what other groups have chosen to do.

I know what you mean about feeling relieved. My group crossed a few milestones on our last conference call and it was good to feel that we were moving in the right direction.

Brenda said...

Thanks for getting me the info when you did =)